Basil Pesto Pasta
Ingredients (Serves 3):
300g dried pasta
30g fresh basil
25g pine nuts
25g nutritional yeast
3 cloves garlic
1tbsp lemon juice
Soy cream or soy milk to loosen the sauce
- Boil some salted water in a pan and cook your pasta.
- Mince or finely chop the garlic and cook in a pan with a dash of oil.
- Add the garlic to a blender, and toast the pine nuts in the pan until fragrant and coloured.
- Add 2/3rds of the toasted nuts and the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend till smooth.
- Drain the pasta except for a tiny bit of water, and put it in the pan. Add the sauce and the pine nuts, then stir until coated.
- Add soy cream or soy milk, while stirring, until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
(recipe by Georgina)