Caprese Salad Mac and Cheese
Ingredients (Serves 6 as a side, and 3 as a main)
250g dry macaroni pasta
100g dairy-free cheese
250ml soy milk
3tsp dried basil
1 large clove garlic
4tsp sunflower or olive oil
50ml pasta water (pour it off after the pasta is cooked)
1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
1 slice white bread
- Fill a pan with boiling water and salt heavily. Add your pasta and leave to cook until nearly done, but not quite, draining when ready.
- In another pan, heat your oil. Add the flour, and stir until combined into a thick doughy ‘roux’, taking care to not let it burn. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Whisk (or stir) in the soy milk a little bit at a time, making sure it is all absorbed before adding more. If your sauce is too thick after adding all of the soy milk, add a little pasta water.
- Finely dice the garlic and add to the sauce.
- Grate the dairy-free cheese, and add about 3/4 to the sauce.
- Drain (as best you can) and add the chopped tomatoes
- Add your basil and the pasta water, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour your mac into a baking tin and top with breadcrumbs, then the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy
- Grill on high until brown and crispy
(Recipe by Will)
|288kcal (14%)||8g (16%)||43g (17%)||9g (13%)|