Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Ingredients (Serves 10):
175g vegan butter (or margarine)
75g caster sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
250g plain flour
100g dairy-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Add the flour and the chocolate chunks and mix into a dough.
- Knead until smooth and form into a thickness of about 8mm. Cut out your shapes, or slice into rectangles with a knife.
- Arrange on a baking tray with space in between each shortbread, and prick the tops with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and sprinkle with sugar
(recipe by Georgina)