Mac and Cheese (Cooking Class)
Thank you to everyone who came to our cooking class! For those who didn’t here is one of the recipes made. Enjoy!
200g macaroni pasta (enough for 4 people)
1 stick of a celery
1 garlic clove
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp paprika
- Boil the cashews in water for about 30 minutes.
- Cook the macaroni in salted water for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and celery and peel the garlic clove. Add them all to the blender, along with the mustard, nutritional yeast and paprika.
- Drain the cashews and add to the blender. Blend to create a sauce, adding salt to taste.
- When the pasta has finished drain most of it but reserve about 1/2 a cup of water to loosen up the sauce.
- Return the pasta, sauce and water to the pot and cook over a low heat while stirring further to heat up the sauce.
(recipe by Alice Janusz)