Mixed vegetable tomato pasta. I promise it tastes better than it looks!
200g pasta (enough for 4 people )
2 tbsp oil
1 red onion
1 yellow pepper
3 sticks of celery
400g tin of tomatoes
Handful of olives
Pinch of salt
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dried oregano) or basil )
Topping: vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, breadcrumbs and pine nuts or even crumbled up crisps
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion (diced).
- Dice the rest of the veg and add them to the pan. Allow them to soften for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and olives, chopped small, as well as a pinch of salt.
- Put the lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veg are soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cooked pasta, along with the oregano.
- Stir through with a spoon then place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with your choice of topping, then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 200°C (gas 6).