Tangy Moroccan Quorn with Protein Tabbouleh
Ingredients (Serves 3):
1 pack Quorn Vegan Pieces
5 chopped spring onions
220g chopped green beans
1tbsp olive oil
400ml boiling water
2tbsp tagine paste* (If you don’t have this, see the bottom of the recipe)
2tsp vegan gravy granules
125g dry couscous
6tbsp milled linseed
1tbsp dried coriander (optional)
1tbsp dried parsley (optional)
1tbsp dried mint (optional)
1) Place the couscous, linseed and 250ml boiling water together in a bowl. Stir, and leave for now.
2) Place the olive oil in a pan and add the Quorn pieces and the spring onions. Cook until defrosted.
3) Add the green beans and cook until the pan begins to brown.
4) Add 150ml water bit by bit while stirring, until the brown on the pan dissolves. Add the tagine paste, the gravy granules, and the juice of half the lemon.
5) Simmer until thickened, then add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Check the couscous has absorbed all the water. Add the herbs, then stir before adding salt and pepper to taste.
7) Either grate the zest of the whole lemon into or add the juice of half the lemon into your couscous.
|446kcal (22.3%)||24g (48%)||48g (20%)||14g (20%)|
*If you do not have tagine paste and cannot find any, try substituting 2 tbsp tomato paste + 1 tbsp spicy seasoning mix + 1 tbsp sugar
(recipe by Will)