Full English Breakfast with Tofu Bacon and Eggless Scramble
Ingredients (Serves 2, or 1 crazy individual):
300g extra-firm tofu
1tbsp dark soy sauce
2 slices bread
2tbsp dairy-free spread
3 veggie sausages
1/2 tin baked beans
1/2 green pepper
1/4 red onion
2tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C and slice your 300g tofu into 6 pieces of equal thickness.
- In a mug, mix the soy sauce with 1tsp of oil, the paprika, and the oregano. Place 2 slices of the tofu on a baking tray and pour this over, coating evenly on both sides, adding salt and pepper.
- Chop the mushrooms and place them on the tray. Toss them in the remaining olive oil, and add salt and pepper. Place the veggie sausages on the tray, and bake for 15 minutes
- Finely dice the green pepper and red onion before adding to a saucepan. Cook until soft, then crush the tofu with your hands into the pan.
- Add the turmeric and cook the scramble until dry. Remove the scramble, and heat the baked beans in the pan.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Toast your bread and spread it, before plating up as in the image.
(Recipe by Will)