10-minute tacos with Jackfruit, Avocado, and Pico de Gallo
Ingredients (serves 2)
6 taco shells
5 tbsp dairy-free cream cheese
1 tin jackfruit (in water or brine)
1tbsp olive oil
4tbsp BBQ sauce
2tsp chilli powder
2 salad tomatoes
1tbsp dried coriander
1/2 lime juice
- Drain the jackfruit, and fry in a saucepan with the olive oil and chilli powder.
- Once the jackfruit begins to crisp, mix in the BBQ sauce. Stir until thick and sticky, salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Dice the onion and tomatoes very finely, then add the coriander and lime juice. Salt to taste.
- Spread the dairy-free cream cheese evenly between the taco shells. Slice the avocado very thinly, and distribute evenly between the shells.
- Serve the shells immediately alongside the pico de gallo and jackfruit.
(Recipe by Will)